Tibetan Wrap Dress
- 100% cotton fabric
- False wrap style dress
- Featuring two hip pockets
- Streamlined, full length dress
- Can be tied at the front or the rear
- Superior stitching to ensure years of wear
- Coloured using low impact dyes
- Pre-washed & pre-shrunk
Our flattering Tibetan wrap dress is a false wrap dress, and if I have to describe it, I would have to say it is flattering, warm, safe, comfortable, and practical. It may take few more seconds to get dressed, but once you are, you're done for the whole day. No need to keep adjusting anything, or to have to remove anything to go to the loo ... we promise. It's Surya tried and tested.
Please read our blog post about the Tibetan Chuba Dress >
Ethical trade benefits the entire community through the empowerment of cottage industry producers ❤
COTTON + ORGANIC COTTON CLOTHING
All our pieces are crafted using low impact dyes. While this is wonderful for our planet (and our bodies), it does mean a little extra care is required to keep your garment in A1 condition, which ultimately means longer lasting.
WASH: Separately for the first 1 - 2 times. You will see a little colour bleeding out in these earlier washes, so take care to avoid washing with lighter pieces. No need to add salt - all our pieces have been pre-washed in hot water already. The mordants in low impact dyes are not as chemically rich as regular dyes though, so they don't 'fix' the same way.
DRY: In the shade always. Our low impact dyes will fade much faster if left in the sun.
DO NOT: Wash in hot water - this will ensure the colour bleeds much more than it should, and your piece will fade faster.
We process all orders between 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday. Your order will be dispatched within 2 business days of payment being received. Your shipping charges will be calculated at time of checkout and will be viewed by you prior to payment. All orders are provided a tracking number.
All items are sent via Australia Post with tracking ID number. Express Post options are available at checkout.
Please refer to the Australia Post Delivery Speeds page to estimate the time for your order to reach you. We post all items from postcode 2540.
Costs within Australia
FREE standard shipping on all orders over $150.00
Orders under $150.00 cost is flat rate $7.95 (express $9.99)
Orders under $250.00 cost is FREE (express $22.50)
Orders over $250.00 cost is FREE (express $25.50)
Costs to New Zealand
All items are sent via Australia Post with tracking ID number. Please let us know if you would like your parcel insured (at extra cost to you).
Orders $100.00 and under - $14.95
Orders between $100.01 - $200.00 - $27.95
Orders above $200.01 - $34.95
Europe, UK, North America
Postage will be calculated at checkout and visible to you PRIOR to payment. Shipping costs start at AU $17.95 depending on country.
All international orders will be charged according to country and total price of order. If actual shipping is vastly different to the shipping quoted and paid, the difference will be payable by the purchaser via a Paypal invoice or all monies will be refunded in full if the difference is not acceptable to the purchaser. If you believe the shipping rate quote is not correct please email us prior to purchase.
Please note: All international customers are responsible for any customs, duty or tax invoices on collection within their own country. For further info please contact your local Postal or Customs Office.
Please contact us after placing your order if you believe your postage charge is incorrect and would like a review.
We offer a simple love it or return it guarantee on all full priced items within 30 days of your order being placed. If for whatever reason you don't LOVE it, just send it back to us for a refund, store credit or exchange. Please contact us first.
Make your mama proud! Please send your items back to us carefully folded and with all buttons done up again, the way you received your piece. Please do not just 'shove' the item into a bag, as it will be returned to us severely creased. We are a small business and if your item needs ironing or other attention to be able to resell it, we will charge a $10.00 fee (taken from your refund or credit voucher). This takes up our precious time, and we have no problem charging this fee from now on.
* We offer credit notes only on sale items. Items tagged 'Final Sale' cannot be returned unless faulty.
Full Priced Items
- If your piece is faulty, we will either replace it asap or offer a refund (your choice). We will pay all postage.
- If your garment does not fit you we will replace or refund, however we ask that you pay the postage. Item must be returned within 30 days of placing the order, and in original condition, or a $10 fee will be applied.
- We are not responsible for Australia Post or affiliated International postal agencies losing or delaying parcels, or theft or damage. All items are sent with tracking ID, but please advise us if you wish to have your parcel insured. This will be at extra cost to you.
- We are not responsible for incorrect address advice. If your parcel is returned to us you will need to pay postage again.
- If the colour of your item is different to what you thought it would be, an exchange is possible however we ask that you pay postage. We are not responsible for variances in computer screens or perception. Even though some colours may have the same colour label (name), they may be slightly different shades of the colour.
- Worn or damaged items will not be exchanged or refunded.
- Any exchange/return must be completed within 30 days of placing the order.
- If, on the rare occasion that your item is out of stock, you will be offered an alternative, refund or raincheck.
- If you send an item back to us, and the returned item is severely creased or otherwise needing attention to be able to resell, we charge a $10.00 fee.
- We do not offer refunds or exchanges on sale items, only store credit vouchers (unless the item is faulty). * Faulty does not include perceived colour differences, or sizing issues.
Final Sale Items
- We do not offer any returns on items marked 'Final Sale' unless the item is faulty. (* Faulty does not include perceived colour differences, or sizing issues.)
Purchased an item from a Stockist?
- If you purchased an item from one of our lovely stockists and you'd like a refund or exchange, you will need to go back to them directly with your inquiry. We at Surya cannot process any refunds or exchanges with items that were not purchased directly through our website.
Purchased an item from our market stall?
- If you purchased an item/s from any of our market or festival stalls, you will need to go back to the stall for an exchange, and contact us about this within 1 week of purchase. We do not offer refunds for items purchased from our event stalls. Please contact us to find out where we will be next.
We are super proud to be 'real dirt bags' here at Surya! We made the swap to compostable packaging for all orders a few years ago. Read all about it here >
Still need more information? Please use the form below to email us (so that it lands in the inbox), or call us on +61 400 348 492.
If your inquiry is about shipping costs or delivery timeframes, please have a read of our Shipping Information page >
All great, although wrap around skirt a little too long as I am not tall so an easy adjustment reduced length by hand sewing. Cloth lovely to work with & wear, so light but warm even in colour weather. Love the colours by natural dyes, so easy & light to wear. Will certainly purchase more items when some spare cash to add to wardrobe. Authentic & surprising the compliments I have received when wearing. Great to support this company.
This is my second and I love the colors, quality and most of all, the style
I'm 165cm tall, so I needed to hem it quite a lot. The colour also ran on its first wash. Otherwise, it's comfortable and drew a lot of compliments.
Have always wanted one of these dresses, so was very pleased to see something similar to the originals available here in Australia for a reasonable price. Nice quality and colour. Good delivery.
This dress is just beautiful. The quality of the fabric and sewing is excellent and it's a really clever design as well. It feels great on and would suit a casual or more dressed-up occasion, depending what you wore under it I guess. I'm a size 12 for most things and the Size Medium fits perfectly. This was such a great purchase!
Versatile dress that looks amazing on. Ties on inner bust so you can adjust the fit. I bought an L and I am a 14 - fits perfectly. I bought a second colour - recommended!
Shanti, our Natural Dye Expert
We've been working with Shanti for over 6 years now, and are in awe of her natural dying techniques and abilities. Shanti and her team hand dye our hemp scarves, shawls and selected clothing pieces using plant based dyes from the Earth in their small village.
We are proud to support and promote Shanti's small, family based business of natural dying.
Felt Pooches Helping Street Pooches
We support a number of different charities in Nepal, but the one closest to our hearts is Street Dog Care in Kathmandu. This beautiful NGO offers a wide range of care for those in the city that have no one looking out for them - our homeless four legged friends.
We have teamed up with Andrea and the team to help eradicate the insidious mange present in most street dogs. You can help by purchasing a felt 'Good Boi' puppy dog and we will donate $10 toward purchasing the medication to treat these beautiful pooches.
"This dress is phenomenal. The material is of quality, the colour is beautiful. It can easily be dressed up and down. I intended to wear this to a wedding but I'll also be wearing it day to day with a cute pair of sandals. This dress is fabulous for different seasons too."
"This is my dream item! I have one in both green and red and love them both! I have alternated between them every day since owning them. They’re such a nice fabric, and can cater for a range of sizes using the different buttons (fits me a size 8 and my sister who is size 12). The postage was quick and the items came with a personalised note.Thank you Mel for your beautiful creation!I will definitely be buying more : )"
"Absolutely love it. It’s exactly what I hoped it would be the fabric is soft and even nicer after a wash. And the colour is lovely looks great with a white tee shirt. Couldn’t fault the service it arrived a few days after I ordered it and I live in the country. So yes I would certainly recommend this product."
"Well made and quality fabric. This top is a lovely, unique design. It's an unusual, but quality fabric and it's obviously well made so it's worth the price. I'm normally a size 12 with a little bit of a tummy so I ordered the size Large and it's just right, glad I didn't order the Medium as it would have been too snug for my liking. Highly recommended."
"I received the cotton singlet as a gift and wore it all the time, it’s the perfect layer for underneath other tops in summer, and will sometimes come to yoga with me! I’ve since bought two more and wear one every day. They are a staple in my wardrobe and I will keep buying them as long as they are available. "